Ms B’s Cakery Creative Network Limited (“we”, “our” or “us”) respects our customer’s legal rights of privacy and will handle personal data provided to us in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong.
Use of personal data
- We use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to provide our services to you (including assessing any application for and administration of such services);
- to maintain contact with you (including providing product recommendation and informing you of our services and events) and for responding to your enquiry;
- to maintain your account on our Site and/or at Restaurant and processing any orders you may make with us (including verification and security checks of your details, and processing of your payments);
- to administer the Site;
- for general management and reporting purposes;
- to analyse trends, usage and shopping behaviour with us (on an individualised or aggregated basis) to better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our services;
- (if you consent) to provide you with direct marketing communication.
Collection of your personal data
- Different types of your personal data may be collected by us, both on our Site and at the Restaurant.
- You may browse our Site without disclosing your personal data. When you shop on the Site, we will collect personal information from you necessary to fulfill the relevant order (such as your name, contact details, delivery address, product selection and payment/credit card information).
- Provision of your personal data is voluntary. If you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide all of our services and features to you.
- If it becomes necessary that we claim or take action against you for any reason including recovering money due to us, you expressly agree that the personal data provided by you can be relied upon in identifying you in such claim or legal action.
Use of personal data in marketing
We intend to use your name, telephone number, address and/or email address for direct marketing of our products on our Site and the Outlet including our foods and beverages and catering services. This will be with your consent by having you opt in through ticking the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You could opt out at any time by contacting our hotline +852 28158303 during office hours between 11 am to 6 pm, Mondays to Fridays or by email at email@example.com and we shall then accommodate your request in accordance with our administrative policies and at no charge.
Retention of personal data
Subject to, or where otherwise required by, law or regulation or accounting requirements and/or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will only retain your personal data for as long as it is required for the purposes, and will then erase your personal data as soon as reasonably practicable.
Web logo & cookies
- We automatically collect anonymous data relating to your online session. This may include your browser type and version, your operating system, your IP address and/or domain name and the time/duration and pages visited. We do these to gather statistical information on our server’s usage and to help us serve you better. This information does not identify you as an individual.
- If you visit the Site, cookies will be set that identifies your computer and/or personal mobile device to us and allows us to collect anonymous information about how visitors use the Site, personalise your shopping experience and provide you with various services (such as maintaining the content of your account). Cookies are small amounts of data created in a computer when a person visits a website on the computer. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. However, it is not used to collect personal information. Please change your browser’s setting if you do not wish to accept cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all features and services on the Site if you choose to reject cookies.
Security and protection of your information
- We use SSL protocol to encrypt data during network transmission to protect your personal data.
- We protect the personal data that you provide to us by reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee “perfect security” at all times. It remains each user’s responsibility to safeguard against unauthorised access to their user details.
Disclosure of your personal information
- We will take practical steps to keep your personal data confidential but we may disclose or transfer your personal data to the following persons (who may be located and use your personal data outside of Hong Kong):
- any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureau, or collection agencies wherever and whenever necessary to establish and support the payment of or for or relating to your request for any products and/or services; and
- any agent, contractor or service provider who provides administrative, computer, telecommunications and other services to us and/or the relevant services that you are requesting; and
- any person to whom we intend to sell all or relevant part of our business and/or assets; and
- any other person where such disclosure is for the purposes of any regulatory guidelines, or where such disclosure is necessary to protect our interests as permitted by law.
- Your personal data will not be disclosed to any other third parties without prior written consent from you.
- However, please note we may be required to disclose certain information when required by law including to government or law enforcement bodies.
Access to and correction of personal data
You have the right to request access to and correction of information held by us about you. You may also ask us to delete you or your personal data from our mailing or promotion list. If you wish to do any of these, please contact our personal data privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your communication “Confidential”. You may be asked to provide certain information for us to ensure you are the person to whom the data refers.